Fazipur Khader, Chandpur P.O. Faridabad, Haryana
Dharma Jyoti Vidya Peeth is a Theological Seminary of Mar Thoma Church in North India. It commemorates the life of Dr. Alexander Mar Thoma Metropolitan, a great visionary leader of the church who stood passionately for the cause of mission of the church, especially in North India. It is a missionary training centre and a school of theological learning and ministerial formation for the North Indian milieu. As theological training in India is witnessing tremendous changes in the contemporary social scenario, Dharma Jyoti Vidya Peeth, in each stage of its journey, tries to identify the challenges of the day, and equips young minds for Christian ministry in Northern part of India by actively proclaiming the ‘good news to the poor, release to the captives, sight to the blind, freedom to the oppressed and preaches the year of the Lord.’ Thus, the aim of Dharma Jyoti is to expose students prima facie to rural and urban realities and thereby be challenged by those socio-religious, politico-economic and aesthetic particularities they encounter, in the rural and urban settings and to engage in the process of building up a community rooted in the Kingdom values.
The Rt. Rev. Dr. Abraham Mar Paulos, the Diocesan Bishop, is the Chairman of the Governing Board.
The following are the members of the faculty:
- Rev. Dr. Koshy P. Varughese (Principal), New Testament
- Rev. Dr. P.P.Thomas (Registrar), Old Testament
- Rev. Prasad Mathew, Theology
- Rev. Dr. Y.T.Vinayaraj, Theology and Ethics
- Rev. Sajeev Thomas (Bursar), Communication and Ministry
- Rev. Dr. Abraham Mathew (Mission Studies)
- Rev. Blysu Varghese, History of Christianity
- Rev. John G. Mathews, Social Analysis
- Rev. Shibu Kurien, New Testament
- Rev. Sajesh Mathews, Christian Education and Counseling
- Rev. Aby M. Thomas Tharakan, Religion
- Rev. Feno M. Thomas, Mission
- Rev. Dr. Monodeep Daniel, Theology, (CNI Brotherhood, New Delhi)
- Dr. Joseph George UTC, Bangalore, Counseling (Visiting Professor)
The Governing Board and an Advisory Board under the Chairmanship of the Rt. Rev. Dr. Abraham Mar Paulos Episcopa give leadership in the overall growth of the institution.
The following is the Governing Board:
- The Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Mar Thoma, Metropolitan (Patron)
- The Rt. Rev. Dr. Abraham Mar Paulos Episcopa(Chairperson)
- The Very Rev. C.A.Varughese
- Rev. Feno M Thomas
- Rev.Banoji K. Mathew
- Rev.Eapen Abraham
- Mr.Mathai P.T
- Dr. Reji Mathai
- Dr. John M. Chacko
- Mrs.Bindu Jiji Mathews
- Mr. A.T.Roy
- Mr. Thomas Iducalla
- Mr. Jacob Samuel
- Rev. Dr. P.P.Thomas (Registrar)
- Rev. Sajeev Thomas (Bursar)
- Rev. Dr. Koshy P. Varughese (Principal)
- Rev. Dr. K.G.Pothen, Kottayam (Rep. of MTC Theological Institutions)
The Advisory Committee consists of the following members:
- Rt. Rev. Dr. Abraham Mar Paulos Episcopa
- Dr. Youhanon Mar Demetrios Metropolitan
- Bishop P. B. Santram
- Fr. Prof. Francis Gonslaves, Principal Vidya Jyoti (Delhi)
- Very Rev.C.A .Varghese
- Rev. Dr. P.P. Thomas
- Rev. Sajeev Thomas
- Rev. Dr. Koshy P.Varughese.
Dharma Jyoti is a B.D. level college offering 5 year B.D. programme for plus two students and 4 year programme for graduates and three year programme for B. Th graduates. We are offering short term courses for equipping the evangelists and the laity to carry out the mission in their respective places.
Nav Jyoti Post Graduate and Research Centre (NJPGRC)
Dharma Jyoti Vidya Peeth is elevated as the Post Graduate Centre by the Serampore University through a common platform of theological learning namely, Nav Jyoti Post Graduate and Research Centre (NJPGRC).